Friday, September 13, 2013

Rougin' It

At the end of the month, I will be taking a long weekend and camping in Yosemite with my main man and I could not be more excited!  I was a Girl Scout for 13 years (nerd alert!!) but loved every second of it.  The camping trips my troop took in the earlier years were pretty legit...bugs, tents, roasting hot dogs on sticks, no showers.  As we got older, and our leaders decided we had had a rich enough camping experience, we slowly become more and more like Troop Beverly Hills.  Which, by the way, is still one of my all time favorite movies...no shame.


I dabbled a little in easy camping during high school and college with friends, but this trip marks my first adult, I'm doing it all by myself (with the help of boyfriend, of course) camping experience.  I've planned our meals for the weekend, made a list of needed supplies, researched the hell out of Yosemite (Rim Fire is 80% contained and our campground is open for business), and am just counting down the days until we take off on our first camping adventure!
My packing list is pretty substantial...call me OCD but I call it prepared!  Here are a few of my favorite camping essentials...


No comments:

Post a Comment